The Flathead Valley Community College Surgical Technology Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is a 70-credit program intended to create abilities in all periods of working room methodology and procedures, incorporating clinical involvement in the working room. Alumni of the project are prepared to start their vocation in the field as section level Surgical Technologists.
Notwithstanding working room systems, surgical strategies, surgical instruments and hardware; understudies study surgical microbiology, surgical pharmacology, therapeutic wording, life structures and physiology, asepsis (clean method), arrangement of the patient for surgery and the physical conditions that make it important for a man to have surgery.
Another class of Surgical Technology understudies starts every year in January.
Why Surgical Technology?
As a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), you will be straightforwardly included in the result of a patients' therapeutic recuperation. You will help with the preparing so as to work room instruments and supplies, passing them to the specialist, expecting and addressing the specialist's needs and guaranteeing understanding wellbeing all through the system. At the point when a lot is on the line and the employment is upsetting, you understand that you are having any kind of effect in every patient's life and it is all justified regardless of the exertion. The CST empowers lives to be spared and witnesses pivotal changes in patients' wellbeing each day.
What You Will Learn to Do
- Clean, sterilize, and pass surgical instruments
- Comprehend surgical methods and expect the necessities of the specialist
- Guarantee quality patient consideration amid the agent method
- Set up clean table with instruments, supplies, gear, and medicines/arrangements preceding operation
- Outfit and glove specialist and collaborators
- Plan sterile dressings and wrap a sterile field
- Cautiously keep up a clean field amid surgery
- Tally supplies preceding surgery and before entry point is shut
- Help other colleagues with terminal cleaning of room
- Prepare surgical space for next patient
Direction is given in a classroom and lab setting, and also clinical turns at territory doctor's facilities and surgery focuses. Because of the necessities of the clinical segment of the project, and our clinical affiliations, enlistment is restricted to 8 understudies every year.